Sunday, November 7, 2010

Race Review: A New 5K PR...

I have revised this blog 3 times already and decided to make it short but sweet. ;)

Last January, I started to walk and a couple weeks, I run. By third week of February, I joined my first ever 5k race event Century Superbod. My target was to beat 40 minutes (based on my unorthodox training back then) and was able to successfully record a personal
official best time of 00:37:01. ;)

Fast forward today, I'm on a comeback trail after 4 months of hiatus and joined HSBC 135 as my second 5k race event. The intention was to assess where I am in my training (for Run United 2 10k) by basing on my performance to this race. And my target was to beat the Century Superbod PR and do a sub-35. Reaching the finish line, my Nike Sportband logged my time at 00:34:29. Then soon after I got my official time logged at 00:34:11!*** A new 5k PR!



Nike SportBand Time


Official Time


Photo courtesy of Pinoy Fitness (Thank you)

Now it's time to re-evaluate and plan on what's to improve and continue training. Can I beat a sub-30 next time? We'll see. ;)

Next stop, Run United 2! :D

Thanks for readin' and keep on T runnin'. ;)


P. S.

The organizers committed error on the official timing announcement. So, here's my adjusted official time with additional six seconds
00:34:17!. Still a new 5k PR! ;)

***


Adjusted Official Time

No comments:

Post a Comment