Monday, November 22, 2010

Race Review: HSBC135 No Excuses...

As expected, with lack of mileage after HSBC135, I didn't beat my target of sub-1:10:00 in an official 10k run. As I was on kilometer 8, I no longer have the leg to push strong and just started to do a run-walk-run-zips strategy just to make a final push to the finish line (the graph below clearly shows the drop in performance). I'm not happy and there's no excuse!!! I have resolved to push my training in the coming days. >:((



With such a so-so performance (based on my own standards), I still managed to beat my previous official 10k time of 1:17:02 by recording an unofficial time (via Nike+ Sportband) of 1:13:25. Still waiting for the official time as of this writing. Next stop ING Running 20! ;)


Now it's official, I got 1:13:02!!!

Here are some photos I'd like to share from the race event. ;)

Assembly area of 10k runners...





with my friend Anthony at the starting line


In action...





After crossing the finish line...


look at that ABS (a big stomach!)

at the Unilab grounds

My wife...worlds greatest race crew, supporter and fan...


With my friend JDMike and his wifey...


Others...






Short video of my finish line approach. ;)


Until next time. ;)

Thanks for readin' and keep on T runnin'. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment